Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

GETI Fest

The Fraser Valley Makerspace was invited to the 2014 GETI fest. The GETI fest is the Golden Ears Transition Initiative, a group that's looking to find local solutions for global problems (peak oil, food security, climate change). It was a nice sunny day, and Rob and I had a tent and a table. The people at the event were really nice, and I think we had one of the busier tables. We had Rob's 3D printer producing parts for our new space Delta printer. I was soldering together some parts and trying not to eat too much (there was a lot of food there). Justin dropped by in the afternoon and was distributing cards using his RC crawler.

Photo's coming as soon as I figure out how to post them!

Comments

• Our sign, thanks Jeff!

Our tent

May as well get some parts soldered together while I talk to people!

Rob hard at work, he's printing a printer!

It was cool showing people what you could do with just a few bucks worth of foamboard and servos, Rob's budget RC plane was a good substitute for the quad-copter.

This is the biggest 3D printed item we had available to display, thanks again Jackson for lending us your masterpiece, it blew some minds!